1 Timothy 4:4-5 – For everything created by God is good, and nothing is to be rejected, if it is received with gratitude; for it is sanctified by means of the word of God and prayer.
Before we can put together any plan of action or design we need to have a vision of what that would look like.
What do you want from your life on a day to day basis that you don’t have right now?
A Vision for your Life
Remember as a kid laying on your back in the grass and dreaming of what you wanted to be when you grew up? Everybody has dreams of what they think they might like to become or would like to do when they grow up, but few of us take the time to follow through. Far too often, they simply remain day dreams or wishes because we don’t believe we can actually turn them into actual reality.
Let’s revisit some of those early desires and see which ones are still important. Some are just kid’s dreams. Others hold the potential for creating a more meaningful life. Anything is possible if we are willing to look for ways to bring it about.
It is never too late to start working on those things that are important to you.
What do you want?
Before creating your design, it is necessary to define more specifically what your vision for life would be. Explore the following questions as they might apply to you. Be honest. Then put down on a piece of paper what is really important to you. Be expansive. Allow yourself to dream big. Later, you can go over the list and eliminate what isn’t so important.
Beginning the Process
What would I like to have happen?
What is important to me? Why is it important? Explore this a bit.
What is my passion? What could I spend hours doing and still be energized?
What gives me pleasure, energy, joy, contentment and satisfaction?
Using the landscaping design model, which of the following are important?
- I want a home where I can sit and relax and find contentment with my family
- I want a place where I can see beauty in design, color and texture
- I want to spend time in this place
- I want a garden or landscaping that reflects serenity and peace
- I want a place with minimal maintenance or things I enjoy doing
- I want friendships that are pleasant and encouraging
- I want reflecting pools and easy pathways – friends that are loyal and reflective and honest in their relationship with me
- I want a place where others will enjoy visiting
Expand your vision for a more significant life
- I want to be free from pain, resentment and bitterness
- I want to experience happiness, joy and hope
- I want to enjoy my work
- I want to feel good about myself
- I want to know I am doing something useful for others
- I want to feel proud of my accomplishments
Are you ready to go for it?
It is one thing to put ideas down on paper. It is another to take that step and create a plan to accomplish it. If you are willing to use your time more effectively, budget both time and money, create both short term and long term goals, you can achieve more than you ever thought you could.
If you enjoyed this blog post, share with your friends.
Sign up today to receive the entire series: http://eepurl.com/baaiQ1
To Receive a Free Consultation for putting together a Personal Plan of Action for yourself, fill out the contact form beside this blog or send me an e-mail. I am also available for speaking engagements, retreats or teaching workshops for your church, clubs or women’s groups on a variety of topics that affect our lives.